Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.

Find Elevation Certificate

What is an Elevation Certificate

An Elevation Certificate is a form prepared by FEMA to clearly show what the risk of flooding is for a specific structure. It is usually filled out after a structure is completed and it provides 'as-built' information for the structure. A structure with a properly completed Elevation Certificate may qualify for a discount on flood insurance premiums.

Elevation Certificate Form

Elevation Certificate Form (Read Only)


Finding Your Elevation Certificate

All Elevation Certificates in the District's archives can be searched and retrieved from this site. You will need to have the Assessor's Parcel Number (APN) of the property to obtain the information. For information regarding either Conditional Letters Of Map Revision (CLOMR), Letters Of Map Revision (LOMR) or additional information for Elevation Certificates, please call Development Review at 951.955.1200 or send an e-mail to Development Review. Provide the property address, Assessor's Parcel Number, flooding source (if known) and also a telephone and fax number.

Search for Elevation Certificates


Apply for a Letter of Map Amendment Using the Elevation Certificate

If you have an Elevation Certificate, that structure may be eligible for a Letter of Map Amendment (LOMA) if:

  1. The building was constructed before the date of the first National Flood Insurance Program map showing the area in a Special Flood Hazard Area.
  2. The lowest Adjacent Grade Elevation (item C2.f on the Elevation Certificate) is higher than the Base Flood Elevation (item B9)


To receive a LOMA, you must file an application with FEMA. Only FEMA may issue a LOMA. If approved the LOMA verifies that your structure has been removed from a designated floodplain. Your lender may then choose to not require flood insurance.

Get FEMA’s MT-EZ Form to submit a LOMA application. View Basic Guidance for Completing MT-EZ (PDF).